- Do check your internet speed. We recommend a minimum of a 3 MB upload/download connection.
- Do connect your headphones and / or microphone before clicking on your recording link.
- Do use Google Chrome. Other browsers are not supported.
- Do wait for all audio health checks to pass before recording.
- Do grab a pair of headphones that ideally cover your ears and preferably an external microphone.
- Do use a hard ethernet connection instead of WiFi if possible.
- Do set up in a quiet room with doors and windows closed to block background noises (kids, cats and dogs should be in another room)
- Do remove your phone, tablet, smart watch and place at least 10 feet away from where you are recording
- Do set your computer notifications to silent
- Once you have your recording link, do feel free to click on it in advance so you can check and make sure everything is set-up correctly
- Don’t use a mobile device to record (this includes iPads).
- When you stop recording, don’t close your recording window until your file has been fully uploaded and you see the message on your screen.
- Don’t run Zencastr through an incognito window or in private browsing mode.
- Don’t have extra tabs open on your browser. Close anything you don’t need while recording.
- Don’t load other computer programs while recording.
- Don’t shuffle papers, tap on your desk, shifting, etc…you would be surprised what the microphone picks up and we do not want the listeners to be distracted from what you are saying.